Saturday 5 May 2012

Sorting the wheat from the naff

One of the pieces of advice Mum gave us when we were dithering about the "Almost" House was to go and look at as many houses as we could that were around the same price so we'd be more sure if the "Almost" house was the one.

I scoured Right Move and found a few contenders.  I called the Estate Agents to arrange viewings on the properties I'd seen and asked them set up viewings on properties that ticked all the boxes on our list.

That was my first mistake.

After a few days we were in receipt of a 2 day schedule and 16 sets of property details.  I quickly realised, that Estate Agents don't want to sell you a house you want - they want to sell you a house, period.  We were left with 7 houses once we discarded the ones that were so far off the mark that we wondered if they were meant for us ..... can someone please explain to me how 6' x 5ft9 constitutes a third bedroom?  Surely there is a rule in the Trade Descriptions Act that dictates that a bed can fit into a room before it can be referred to as a bedroom? (...... insert tumble weeds here  .....)  Apparently not!

No comments:

Post a Comment