Thursday 3 May 2012

Starting the Blog

First of all I'd like to make clear that 1102 Shirley Road is not our actual address.  I exhausted the limits of my wordsmithing trying to think up a great name for this blog.  Turns out someone had already thought of Home is where the Heart is, HousetoHome, Home Sweet Home (who knew??).  Just as I was about to give up any ideas of blogging about the highs and lows of transforming our first family purchased house into a home, I was struck by inspiration (whilst avoiding opening our credit card statement). 'I'm such a genius' I thought to myself as I decided the first line of our address would be a great name for the blog .... I then thought the ramifications of that one through .......  Suffice to say the idea remains, not the actual address!

So we bought Shirley (the house) on 18th August 2011 and during the last 7 months we have been making changes, some small, some more problem prone.  A number of friends and family ask us how the house is getting on and having already captured some of the changes with a camera I thought it would be a good idea to put it all on a blog to document the journey so far as well as whatever is to come.

I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures.




No comments:

Post a Comment